After an initial consultation, our services begin with a thorough assessment of the client’s condition, health and prognosis. From these results, we construct a lifestyle care plan that can be easily followed and updated as the client continues to age and circumstances evolve. Our Services include:
Assessment and planning are key to developing appropriate care and lifestyle options for individuals as they age. Certain health conditions, behaviors and emotions can be key indicators of anticipated changes in an individual’s overall health and ability to functions independently.
Our individual assessments are designed to help you create the best possible care plan for your loved one. We provide a one-on-one, non-invasive physical, mental and emotional assessment with clients in our office as a basis for identifying and determining appropriate immediate and long-term needs and care options.
Contact us to schedule an assessment
Our family consultations help you successfully navigate the often-challenging dynamic of group communication and decision making.
Oftentimes several members of the client’s family are involved in the decision-making process. We liaise with the family in our office to review findings and explain how specific financial situations, care resources and lifestyle options can benefit the client and family, and mediate when family members have differing opinions. Our family consultation services focus on
- Creating successful communication patterns
- Coping with difficult dementia behaviors
- Effective decision-making
- Recommendations for engaging activities
- Managing stress
- Dealing with feelings of guilt
Contact us to schedule an assessment
We develop custom lifestyle care plans to fit the unique profile and needs of each client, including living placement recommendations when warranted and/or desired.
We understand the complexity of finding the appropriate living environment for your loved one. We have more than 20 years of experience evaluating clients and making living placements in a variety of residence types including assisted living, board and care, memory care and independent living homes.
- assisted living
- board and care
- memory care
- independent living homes
We can also assist with the creation of an in-home care plan that allows your loved-one to age in place (if appropriate)
Our geriatric and dementia care specialist has over 20 years of experience advising clients in dementia stages and related care.
We customize these services to the unique situation and needs of each client. However, it is typical for our Dementia Care Advising service package to include:
- Assess client’s physical, emotional and mental state
- Conduct home safety check when needed
- Communication and process management with family members and other caregivers
- Determine and recommend appropriate living and care options
- Screen and arrange for living/care options
- Detail necessary financial, legal and medical information and requirement
- Make referrals to geriatric and other medical specialists
Education & Resources
- Provide access to educational resources
- Referrals to support groups, educational seminars and workshops
We offer a variety of services to assist you with managing the care of your loved one including:
- Care planning assessments to identify opportunities for improvement, eligibility for assistance and overall needs
- Screening, arranging and monitoring in-home help or other services
- Reviewing financial, legal and medical issues
- Referral to geriatric specialists
- Crisis intervention
- Liaising with out-of-area family members
- Home safety checks when needed
- Housing options
- Education and advocacy
Our, our support groups, generally held twice a month, are an opportunity for a free-flowing exchange of thoughts and ideas with professional guidance. Groups generally operate under a specific topic but guests are welcome to request focal points. Click here for our current schedule.
Our Educational Workshop Series is an ongoing speaking series throughout the Sacramento region and Northern California. Click here for upcoming events.